By: Tiffany Windsor of Inspired at Home
Use inexpensive brown grocery bags, florist wire and glue to create surprisingly elegant garden or plant stakes. This unique technique gives an antique metal look at a fraction of the cost. This project comes to us from Tiffany Windsor of Inspired at Home.
- Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue
- 18 gauge florist wire (cut into 3” length and bent in U shape for antenna)
- Wooden skewers
- Brown grocery bags
- Rub ‘n Buff – gold and silver
- Plumbers candle and matches (or other candle with tall flame)
- Soft cloth (for wiping away soot)
- Transfer your pattern to 1 layer of brown bag. We used a stencil for our pattern only tracing the outside lines.Step-1.jpg
- Next, cut two additional layers of brown bag and glue all three layers together with the pattern on top.